Review Tribal safety protocols before sending donations:
Resources that donate directly to Tribes:
- Hopi Tribe
- Hopi Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Navajo Nation
- Official Navajo Nation COVID-19 Relief Fund.
Grassroots groups and organizations supporting Tribal communities:
- Pueblo Nations Relief Fund
- All Pueblo Governors Council (APGC) created a collective Pueblo relief fund for 20 Pueblo Nations to address service and supply needs (PPE, disinfectant, food, water).
- Zuni Pueblo Emergency Pantry
- Community driven relief effort created/led by two A:shiwi (Zuni) women — Zowie Banteah-Yuselew and Kelly Noble — to assist elders, families, and immunocompromised individuals gain access to the supplies that they need.
- Keshi Foundation
- Non-profit foundation — which promotes Zuni arts, education, and economic development while respecting the traditions and lifeways of the Zuni People — which is assisting the Emergency Pantry mentioned immediately above.
- Navajo & Hopi Families COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Led by Navajo and Hopi Tribal members, this team is working with the Rural Utah Project to purchase and distribute critical items (masks, PPE, water, food) to elders, struggling families, immunocompromised, and single parents in the Navajo and Hopi Nations.
- Far East Navajo COVID-19 Response Fund
- “In coordination with the Far Eastern Navajo chapters the Torreon Community Alliance request your support to help these communities respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.”
- UDB Seeds and Sheep Program
- “Utah Diné Bikéyah is sourcing seeds & sheep from Native seek keepers and sheep producers to give out free of charge to Native families interested in expanding their food sovereignty” during these difficult times.
- Bluff Area Mutual Aid (BAMA)
- Directly supports the Rural Utah Project and works to deliver relief/supplies to rural areas in (what is now) southeast Utah including Navajo and White Mesa Tribal communities. (This fundraiser is not affiliated with the Navajo Nation government).
- Hopi Relief
- A grassroots community-led effort to support Hopi families and deliver supplies to the Tribe’s 12 villages.
- “NavajoStrong was created to aid the Navajo Community during the COVID-19 pandemic and economic crisis.”